Location - Arlington, Texas
This position manages all Geographic Information System activities and has authoritywide responsibilities for administering a comprehensive GIS to include systems analysis, software and hardware evaluation, database administration, planning, budget preparation and administration. The position supervises other positions in the GIS work group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the implementation of GIS technology for all TRA project locations.
2. Administers database updates, design, maintenance and documentation. Insures database and data entry standards are met and monitors database security and integrity.
3. Develops and enforces policies, procedures and standards for the operation and maintenance of TRA’s GIS.
4. Evaluates and approves new projects, software and equipment.
5. Creates and maintains TRA’s land base and various levels of GIS including wastewater, water, land use, easements and land ownership.
6. Establishes mapping procedures and standards for all map products while digitizing hard copy data and coordinating projections to assure accuracy for publishing quality maps.
7. Converts digital data across different platforms of GIS.
8. Designs training courses, plans meetings and remains current with industry standards.
9. Prepares bid documents and related material to obtain information for pricing goods from vendors to allow for selection and recommendation for purchases.
10. Direct responsibility for integration of GIS as necessary to existing electronic information systems to include Lawson, Maximo, GBA, SCADA and document management systems.
Regularly has full personnel management responsibilities including approving time, selection, discipline, grievances and formal performance evaluations for a position’s direct and indirect reports.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Geography, GIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
EXPERIENCE (minimum years and types of related experience required) Five years of experience in administration of GIS systems with two years in a professional supervisory capacity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas driver's license. Possession of Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification is a plus.
Thorough knowledge of GIS technologies, hardware and software.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to formulate plan, supervise and implement policies concerning GIS operation, training and work of subordinates.
Guided by Department Goals and Priorities. Makes decisions that are guided by overall Departmental goals, priorities and policies. Job requires interpreting goals and priorities into action steps and delegating responsibility for completion; has broad latitude in regard to methods and approaches but must obtain approval for actions that have policy, service or cost implications.